Today, the Internet and social nets have become an indispensable part of our everyday life. With a fast advance of online technologies, Social Media Marketing (SMM) is gaining more popularity. Alongside a huge audience outreach and close customer interaction, SMM has a number of advantages. Let’s look at some of them:
- Raising brand awareness: to reach as many potential customers as possible, it is important to create accounts on various social media. Use those communication channels that are relevant to your target audience.
- Traffic growth: although multiple social networks allow brands to sell their products without redirecting to a website or a landing page, they are still considered to be an excellent traffic growth technique.
- Fast and easy content promotion: if you use content marketing to promote your business, social networks will help you attract target audience.
- Social media marketing is a great way to raise customer awareness of special offers. Social nets help to quickly and cheaply update target audience on special offers and lotteries; yet, most users prefer to get email commercials.
- Regular target audience interaction: as half the globe uses social nets around three hours a day, SMM is the best way to reach the audience. Your brand is already where your customers spend time.
- Effective marketing feedback channel: you can analyze feedbacks, likes, reposts, commentaries and other metrics. If your customers had a bad shopping experience, they are likelier to report via social nets than via email or phone. This makes it possible to promptly react, retain a particular customer and attract new others.
- A possibility to track customer satisfaction, trends and competitive activity: through analyzing the latest field news, you can come up with extra content ideas. Tracking competitive activity is useful for product improvement and SMM strategy refinement.
However, an SMM professional is not only about generating creative ideas and promoting a brand, but also about running analytics. It is essential to be able to work with the statistics, to infer conclusions, to explore coverage and engagement. Besides, it is important to learn to make a paid advertisement budget as well as to create targeted ads and notes.
This requires strategic skills, as an Instagram ad cannot always be relevant, cats may not work in publics, and the reason for this is a lack of understanding of who are potential company customers. You have to explore the target audience, be able to segment potential customers and predict their interests.
Be a moderator and speak the same language with the audience: it means you will have to appropriately respond to various commentaries, questions as well as to ask questions that will promote further discussions and build an appropriate company image. It is very important to not just present the material, but to present it in the “audience’s language” and to opt for relevant visual aids.
Remember to follow the latest trends in marketing, movie industry, memes if you wish to properly develop relevant content. Make sure you understand the word “properly” in the right way. In SMM, it implies more than mere knowledge of grammar and punctuation. It is important to be able to adjust the same information to different social nets, to highlight the main message and to create text and graphics that will emphasize this message.
Finally, learn the basics of design, as any social net promotion is impossible without a high-quality visualization. Use Photoshop and brand templates to learn to create simple text-supported images. A unique social nets profile style is a crucial part of the company image.
To sum up, we can say that a high-quality SMM professional involves a lot of reading and comprehensive development. Social media promotion implies the knowledge of selling text writing, marketing, re-writing and design. It doesn’t matter if you’re new to this or an advanced professional, SMM requires permanent development.